GLOBAL POSITIVE FORUM
The inclusive Do Tank that carries the voices of citizens from around the world in international negotiations
November 20, 2018, French Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Last year, the first edition of the Global Positive Forum launched Up for the Planet, a global citizen consultation. The goal was to gather ideas from civil society to build a better world for future generations. 20 proposals emerged from the consultation, after being revised by expert groups for practical implementation.
This year, several committed personalities will be attending the 2nd edition of the Global Positive Forum in order to commit to implementing the 20 citizen proposals. Leaders, decision-makers and global actors such as Denis Mukwege, 2018 Peace Nobel Prize, and Vandana Shiva, Indian author and feminist activist, will be present.
On the agenda: exchanging around the 20 proposals, and especially decision-making and targeted approaches to implement them immediately. At the end of the Forum, CEOs, political representatives and heads of States will therefore commit to implementing the citizen proposals.
This will be the last great gathering before the G20 to be held on November 30 and December 1st in Argentina, during which the citizen proposals will be presented.
Part 1: 9 am – 3 pm – Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Welcome and opening by Jacques Attali and rapporteurs from the working groups which drafted the 20 proposals
- Introduction and focus on Iceland, example of a positive model in action
- “Environmental conservation” Session
- “Improving living conditions for all” Session
- “Economy at the service of future generations” Session
- Conclusion and official signature of the 20 proposals with stakeholders
- Lunch cocktail
Part 2: from 3 pm onwards – OECD
- Masterclass on the Positive Nation Index
- Announcing the 2018 ranking on OECD’s most positive countries
- Focus on Iceland, example of a positive model in action
They will be here !
President, Positive Planet Foundation
Prime Minister, Iceland
CEO, EY France, Luxembourg, Maghreb
Secretary of State at the Ministry of Energy in Poland, COP 24 President
Guðmundur Ingi Guðbrandsson
Environment and natural ressources minister, Iceland
Director General, Engie
CEO & Co-founder, Nomadéis
Feminist militant Ukrainian, FEMEN leader
Nobel Peace Prize 2018
President of the French Blood Agency
Partner & Chairman, Bain & Company France
CEO of Veolia
CEO of RATP
High Commissioner for Social and Solidarity Economy and Social Innovation, France
European Commissioner for Economic and Financial Affairs
Minister for Finance and Economic Affairs , Islande
They support us